Lately, if found a need to journal thoughts and feelings in a public space so that I could eventually talk further with someone about them. There are several things am looking for and I think my personal blog on WordPress has most of my needs covered.
Here is the WIP List of personal journaling needs
- I don’t want these thoughts to be feed fodder (Twitter)
- I don’t need to compete for eyeballs, likes, or comments
- I don’t want to stress about being clever, I live my life in constant draft and iterate mode…take me for the good and bad
- I don’t want to chose where to put a thought or photo based on the platform (Twitter vs Facebook vs Instagram vs Etc)
- I want to edit, alter, add to, and expand upon thoughts later in life while still capturing the original essence
- Must be mobile friendly.
- Must have a web based platform for deep editing and writing
- Not mired in advertising
- A platform that is well supported and loved
So, here we go. I’m going to use my personal blog for a week now, fleeting thoughts, photos, and maybe a song or two. The plan, if I have a shareable thing that I want to talk about later with someone I will capture it here and publish immediately.
So, here is where I will own my thoughts. I will distribute to social media and Empathy Lab as needed.
- At terminal b at Hartsfield Jackson Airport (Atlanta airport)
- Paid to sit in the Delta Sky Lounge
- Wearing my traveling socks
- Eating oatmeal
- Drinking a capucinno
- Watching people break the coffee machine
- On my way to Philadelphia for research with Nationwide Insurance