“Keep it simple” said many of my English teachers and design professors, so here goes.
I love hearing and sharing stories around ideas. Stories bring humility, life context, emotions, needs, desires, and sometimes great friendships. I find it amazing how people can join two (or more) random pieces of information together and produce grand ideas to share and sometimes to build. This is where my passion lies, listening to stories that produce ideas.
I am a son, grandson, friend, husband, father, Founder of Empathy Lab, intrapreneur, entrepreneur, repurposer, historic home landscaper, recovering decathlete, small design consultancy owner, and super hero in training.
Current life’s work
Building Empathy Lab, a company dedicated to building empathetic skill sets that help produce a community driven future.
Proud Ex UX Designer with some amazing people and teams (check out Linkedin for details):
- Director of UX Research and Design at Terminus
- Lead Product Designer at Operable
- Senior UX Designer at Chef
- UX Design Manager at First Data‘s Innovation Lab
- Lead UX Designer at MaxMedia
- UX + Industrial Designer at EchoViz
- Human Factors Industrial Designer at the Georgia Tech Research Institute’s Accessibility and Usability Lab
- 2009 graduate of Georgia Tech’s school of design – M Industrial Design
- 2003 graduate of the University of Southern California’s school of liberal arts – BA Psychology
- 2005 summer at Art Center School of Design
- 2000 graduate from Santa Ana Junior College / Santiago Canyon Junior College – AA Psychology
- 1998 graduate from Villa Park High School